Privacy statement and policies
Sandra (Fraser) Kessell respects the privacy of visitors to this blogsite.
Sandra (Fraser) Kessell is a journalist and editor based in the UK. She uses and retains information for business and professional purposes in line with UK data protection regulations.
I will only use personal information to:
• Provide specifically requested information (ie answer your e-mails or queries or contact you when necessary)
• Send you communications I think may interest you, and
• Carry out legitimate business that may include providing communications services for others, consultancy and advisory services, education, training and preparing information with a view to publication.
Please inform me if you do not wish to receive any such communications.
Consent is sought wherever and whenever possible and required. However, some information may be held for journalistic purposes where consent is not required. This is currently subject to clarification in the Data Protection Bill as exemptions are established to cover journalism, literature and art. (As of May 2, 2018).
I will only disclose personal information where I am required to do so by law.
I take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of personal data. All information provided is stored on secure (password- and fire-wall protected) servers and devices. Sandra (Fraser) Kessell cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Data protection policy amendments
I may update this policy from time to time by posting revisions here. Please check here occasionally for any changes.
Users may request copies of personal information held by Sandra (Fraser) Kessell, subject to:
• Providing me some appropriate evidence of identity – such as a copy of the photo pages of a passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus a copy of a (utility) bill showing your current address.
However, I may withhold information within legal limits.
• By contacting me at Sandra (Fraser) Kessell, you authorise Sandra (Fraser) Kessell to retain such personal information within the scope of current legislation.
Sandra (Fraser) Kessell accepts no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of other websites.
Please inform me if personal information needs correcting or updating.
You can send me queries about this policy and data retention via the contact form on this site, or by post to:
Data Controller, Sandra Kessell
c/o National Union of Journalists, Headland House, 72 Acton Street, London WCIX 9NB
The data controller is Sandra Kessell. The data protection fee number will be confirmed on receipt.
All text, images, graphics, and other materials on this blogsite are subject to the copyright and other intellectual property rights of Sandra Fraser (now known as Sandra Kessell) or any third party suppliers. These materials may not be reproduced or distributed without the express written permission of the copyright owners. If you’re in doubt about copyright status please contact me using the form below for more information.
Please ensure you have read the statement about privacy before filling in this form.